The Voice of Kalayaan!
Contestants are required to complete the following form:
Sunday, May 28 2023 at 11:59 PM
Champion – $500
2nd Prize – $300
3rd Prizze – $200
- Must be between the ages 7 – 14 (Must be at least 7 years of age and maximum of 14 years of age at time of registration)
- Contestant must provide a picture ID to the audition day as proof of age (for example, government issued ID, birth certificate, passport, school ID)
- A parent and/or legal guardian MUST accompany the contestant to the registration and audition. In addition, the parent and/or legal guardian must bring a government issued photo ID (for example, a driver’s license). If the contestant is accompanied by a legal guardian, as opposed to a parent, the legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship. If the parent or legal guardian is not available to accompany the contestant to the audition, the parent or legal guardian may appoint a guardian to accompany the contestant to the audition and elimination process. The appointed guardian must be at least 21 years of age and must accompany the contestant to the venue for the audition day. Your appointed guardian must also bring a government-issued photo ID to the audition.
- All contestants must have a parent/legal guardian complete the Parental/Legal Guardian Consent form
Audition & Elimination Round
June 4th, 2023
Kalayaan Cultural Community Centre, Media Room
3-5225 Orbitor Drive, Mississauga, ON
Rules and Regulations
- The contestant must provide his/her own props, musical instruments and/or music accompaniment. Each contestant will be asked to submit any recorded music via email. The email address will be provided in the acceptance email following the application. Not submitting may disqualify the contestant. MP3 is the standard form of accompaniment.
- Contestants are allowed to use Tagalog or English as language during performance.
- PhilFest Mississauga and its panel of judges reserve the right of final decision on all matters pertaining to the competition.
- By entering the competition, the contestant grants permission to PhilFest Mississauga and its sponsors permission to use photograph, audio, video tape, or other audio or visual image or recording in promotional material, without compensation of any kind.
- The contestant agrees to waive any right to any fee or compensation for any performance and releases PhilFest Mississauga and its event sponsors from any loss, damage, injury or expense.
- The contestant will provide a high resolution photo and a short biography (more or less 150 words to highlight singing career) which will be used throughout the competition.
Rules for the Auditions:
- All contestants should be at KCCC exactly 30 minutes before their audition time slot to coordinate with the program and fully prepare before they audition.
- Each contestant who will audition for The Voice of Kalayaan must sing 1 song in acapella (no instrumental nor background music)
- From those who auditioned, an elimination round will occur until the top 10 contestants are chosen.
- During elimination round, contestant will be singing 1 song of their choice with an MP3 submitted during registration
- Microphone and speakers will be provided/setup by PhilFest organizers
Final Round (Top 10)
Saturday, July 15th 2023 at 3:30pm
Celebration Square Amphitheatre
300 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON
- All finalists can do a sound check at (TBD)
- All technical requirements will be provided by the City’s technical staff
- All finalists should be at the Amphitheatre 30 minutes before their call time to coordinate with the program and fully prepare before they perform
- Each finalist will perform 1 song of their choice
- Each finalist can be onsite at the amphitheater while the other finalists are performing and must respect one another. Any form of violence or heckling will not be tolerated and will result in the contestant’s disqualifications
- All participants must agree and sign the City’s Code of Conduct form.
Top 3 will be performing on Sunday, July 16th between 3pm – 4pm
Overall Performance (25%)
Artistry and Musicianship (25%)
Voice & Sound Quality (25%)
Battle of the Bands! Registration Contestants are required to complete the following form: https://philfestmississauga.ca/battle-of-the-bands-form Prizes: Champion - $1500 2nd Prize - $500 3rd Prizze - $250 Elimination Round Sunday, July 9th 2023, 3:00PM to 9:00pm Location Kalayaan Cultural Community Centre 3-5225 Orbitor Drive, Mississauga, ON ALL contestants should be at…
Flip-Hop Dance Competition! Registration Contestants are required to complete the following form:https://philfestmississauga.ca/flip-hop-dance Registration Deadline All groups must register by July 2, 2023 Final Round Saturday, July 15th 2023, 1:30PM to 3:00pm Location Mississauga Celebration Square Amphitheatre 300 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON Prizes: Champion - $1000 2nd Prize - $500…
The Voice of Kalayaan! Registration Contestants are required to complete the following form:https://philfestmississauga.ca/voice-of-kalayaan Registration Deadline Sunday, May 28 2023 at 11:59 PM Prizes: Champion - $500 2nd Prize - $300 3rd Prizze - $200 Eligibility Requirements Must be between the ages 7 - 14 (Must be at least 7 years…
Balik Saya Sa Sauga! The Filipino community in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, has always been known for its warm hospitality, strong sense of community, and deep cultural roots. For over a decade, the Philippine Festival Mississauga has been a cornerstone of this community, bringing together Filipinos from all over the Greater…
(15 July 2023)
Full day of activities starting at 11AM
Come taste the best Filipino street food and desserts starting at 11:00 AM
(16 July 2023)
Full day of activities starting at 12PM
Come taste the best Filipino street food and desserts starting at 11:30 AM
Please Add New Post Element.
Our Food vendors
Our Community Partners
Philfest video highlights from Mississauga Celebration Square